Network Applied Design Research likes to elaborate on what applied design research is. The first version of the interactive landscape of applied design research is shown and illustrated with examples of design research projects from students, designers and researchers of several UAS.
The Landscape of Applied Design Research, shows how practice-based design research at universities of applied sciences contribute to an innovative, inclusive and sustainable society. By stimulating high quality applied design research, sharing results and knowledge and using key enabling methodologies, we create impact.
• an interactive landscape of applied design research at universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands.
• results of various projects with impact in various categories:
- Better food with 3D food printing (HAS)
- Heart rate cushion Millow helps to relax (HU)
- Care innovation through 3D printing (Saxion)
- Mouth Game (Fontys)
- BiOrigami; value creation for circular biocomposite by origami(HvA)
- Festivals as a breeding ground for sustainable innovation (NHL Stones)
- Circular Bio-based Construction Industry (Avans)
- Future-Proof Retail: sector innovation by labs (HHS en HR)
Key Enabling Methodologies
- Interactive Narrative Design (HKU)
Visitors are invited to complete the beta version of the landscape. Come along and give input! landscape. Come along and give input!