With their ability to create and solve problems, designers have a positive impact on the complex challenges of tomorrow. Based on this conviction and the following criteria, the selection committee examines all the submissions:
- The submission is design related.
- The submission is topical/recent (thought of, created or made in the period 2017-2018) and has not been seen before at DDW.
- The submission is innovative and/or contributes to existing ideas.
- The submission is well-considered and thought out and ready for presentation.
- The submission is original, distinctive or experimental in both idea and execution.
The selection committee encourages submissions that originate from a cooperation between designers, commerce, experts, industry and /or knowledge institutes.