Sign up for DDW 2017
Registration for Dutch Design Week 2017 is possible from the 1st of April. Keep an eye on our website and subscribe to our newsletter for more information!
- Press and publicity
Media partners, Facts & Figures, Publications
- Get seen
Facts & Figures, DDW in pictures
- Personal web account
- Expand your network
Now Future talkshow, Driving Dutch Design
- Good business
Sponsors & Partners
- Have fun
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Who can participate?
- Designers, agencies, studios and collectives
- Design labels and companies involved in design
- Educational, knowledge and cultural institutes
- Hospitality, providing the activities planned have a link with design
What is suitable for the programme?
- Exhibitions, (product) presentations and demonstrations
- Lectures, seminars, network meetings and workshops
- (Product) launches, kick-offs and award presentations
Submissions will be evaluated by the DDW selection committee under the supervision of programme managers Katja Lucas and Dries van Wagenberg. The DDW ambassadors fulfil an advisory role. The committee will inform you by email within four weeks if your submission has been accepted for the programme. Please note: for the Klokgebouw, Veemgebouw, Ketelhuisplein and other guest locations that are offered, other DDW criteria apply.
With their ability to create and solve problems, designers have a positive impact on the complex challenges of tomorrow. Based on this conviction and the following criteria, the selection committee examines all the submissions:
- The submission is design related.
- The submission is topical/recent (thought of, created or made in the period 2016-2017) and has not been seen before at DDW.
- The submission is innovative and/or contributes to existing ideas.
- The submission is well-considered and thought out and ready for presentation.
- The submission is original, distinctive or experimental in both idea and execution.
- The selection committee encourages submissions that originate from a cooperation between designers, commerce, experts, industry and /or knowledge institutes.
The selection committee encourages submissions that originate from a cooperation between designers, commerce, experts, industry and /or knowledge institutes.
After the opening of the call for entries on the 1st of April (2017), you can register on this page. Each registration will be evaluated by the selection committee within 4 weeks. After approval, you will be assigned a personal web account where you must enter information. Registration via email will not be accepted.
After approval by the selection committee, an event page is created for you in your personal web account. This is where text and images can be entered and uploaded for www.ddw.nl.
Participants publicise their event themselves on www.ddw.nl from 15 April. We advise you do this as quickly as possible in connection with communication and PR activities – and the planning of design routes and the talent programme.
Participants pay a contribution that depends on the event and the number of people (and/or events) that they register. This is exclusive of any other costs for the rental of locations and other production costs. Separate conditions apply for the Klokgebouw,Veemgebouw, Ketelhuisplein. Participation costs for 2017 are not yet known.
For outside locations, an empty building or a party.
When as a Dutch Design Week
participant do you need to request a permit?
- Are you organising an activity in an existing location and does the event fall under the regular use for that location? Then you do not require a permit. In case of doubt, it is sensible to discuss your activity with Eindhoven 365, the front office for the municipality’s events cluster. You can access the contact details through the web links below.
- Are you planning to organise an event on the Stadhuisplein, the Lichtplein or the Ketelhuisplein? Indicate this when registering and we will contact you. You do not need to apply for a permit yourself, these locations are covered by the DDW permit. There are costs involved in this request. We work with Suna Producties to this end. You will receive an indication of the costs in advance.
- Are you using another outside location, an empty building or organising a party? Then you may possibly need to apply for a permit. Contact Eindhoven 365, the front office for the municipality’s events cluster. You can access the contact details through the web links below.
Eindhoven365 is you first port of call (front office) for events. Eindhoven365 employees can assist you in the fleshing out of your idea, provide advice on grant opportunities and help you in requesting the permit. Contact Eindhoven365 firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)40-707 40 40. For more information, we kindly refer you to www.ehv365.nl.
Here you can discover the ins and outs of the municipality of Eindhoven’s event policy. You can find answers to questions like: who is responsible for what, what is the procedure and what are the conditions and regulations? For more information, click here.
The notification and request form for events can be accessed here www.eindhoven.nl.
Locations for participants
Participants who do not have a location of their own in which to hold their
presentation will be offered an overview of guest locations after approval
through a personal web account. DDW can also offer special locations in
Strijp-S: the Klokgebouw, Veemgebouw and Ketelhuisplein.
The Volvo Design Rides are visible, prominent and everywhere during Dutch Design Week.
35 of the latest Volvos are adorned with a design object on their roof made
by one of the Dutch Design Week participants. This unique form of transport
allows DDW to ferry 40,000 visitors from one DDW location to another free of
charge. So the cars and the objects are visible throughout the city.
Like to see your design attracting attention on one of these rides? Sign up here from the 1st of April (2017).
The one and only DDW shop is located in the Klokgebouw. The well-stocked shop at the heart of the week is open every day. As a DDW 2017 participant, you can sell your own work through the shop. Registration for the DDW Shop is possible after you are approved to participate in DDW 2017.