Under the guidance of an expert guide, you will get a unique opportunity to have a peek behind the scenes of the work of ten inspiring designers.
About the Hidden Gems of DDW
Each year we make a selection of the ten Hidden Gems of DDW: upcoming designers and inspiring projects that can be found on special locations throughout Eindhoven. Places you normally wouldn’t go to. During DDW you can. Under the guidance of an expert guide, you will get a peek behind the scenes of a new batch of outstanding designers.
About the bike tour
During a meet and greet on location, the designers share the background stories of their work and you can see and hear how that work has been accomplished. In between, the guide will tell you all about the design world of Eindhoven and will take you to other special places.
Two cycling routes
You can choose from two routes. They both start and end in the center of Eindhoven, within walking distance of the train station. One day we cycle on our KOGA bikes from Eindhoven city center towards Strijp-S and the site of Piet Hein Eek, where several designers are shown this year. The other day, the cycling tour goes east where we meet upcoming designers on Sectie-C and the NRE area (and more).
Interviews with the designers
So, who are the Hidden Gems of 2017? Keep an eye on the websites of our media partners and to read more about this. Starting in the week before DDW, we will publish on a daily basis interviews with the designers we selected this year.
- Duration: three hours.
- Time: the Central & Strijp Area tour starts at 14:00 and the Central & East Area tour at 14:00.
- When: every day during DDW. One day we cycle towards the west side, the other day towards the east side of Eindhoven. Check our Eventbrite page for the schedule.
- Starting and ending point: 18 septemberplein, in front of the entrance of the underground bicycle parking, opposite the Bijenkorf (two minutes walk from Eindhoven Central).
- Bikes: comfortable KOGA bikes are available for each participant.
- Fee: 45 euros. The fee includes the bike, expert guide and coffee / tea and a snack.
- Tickets: Eventbrite
- Language: Dutch and English
- Capacity: max 15 people. Make sure to reserve your tickets well in advance!
This year gems
- Ontwerpstudio Annelies Hermsen | Opening new atelier
- Studio Thier&vanDaalen | The Young Collectors
- Low & Bonar | In4nite - (featuring Rick Tegelaar)
- Ulrike Jurklies | See-through
- Viola van Aphen | Internet of Women Things - Manifestations
- Lotte de Raadt | The new handwriters (Luuxx, Lunet zorg)
- Nina van Bart | Zooming in and out
- Jannemarein Renout | SCAN2400, To Make Concrete
- Renee Scheepers - Nul Zes | Re-view the Future
- Hannah van Luttervelt | Human Browser
18 septemberplein, Bicycle parking
18 septemberplein 1
|Sat||21 Oct||14:00 - 17:00|
|Sun||22 Oct||14:00 - 17:00|
|Mon||23 Oct||14:00 - 17:00|
|Tue||24 Oct||14:00 - 17:00|
|Wed||25 Oct||14:00 - 17:00|
|Thu||26 Oct||14:00 - 17:00|
|Fri||27 Oct||14:00 - 17:00|
|Sat||28 Oct||14:00 - 17:00|
|Sun||29 Oct||14:00 - 17:00|
Curator: Katja Lucas, Programma Manager DDW
Sponsors: Alle 10 ontwerpers!
Organized by DDD, E52, UET & KOGA
Hidden Gems is a collaboration of:
Dutch Design Daily - dagelijkse updates over Dutch design en meer
E52 - nieuws voor innovatief Eindhoven
Urban Exploring Tours - ontdek Brabant op een bijzondere manier
KOGA - check out our bikes