HIDDEN GEMS BICYCLE TOUR - BY ROBERT VAN RIXTEL (DUTCH DESIGN DAILY)
Promising designers and exceptional projects in the most surprising locations: the week’s 10 hidden gems (with a guide).
During a meet-and-greet on location, the designers will tell you more about the backgrounds of their work and you can also see and hear for yourself how their unique work has come about. In between, the guide tells you everything about the living world of design in Eindhoven and takes you to other special locations.
- Duration: three hours.
- Time: the Central & Strijp Area tour starts at 14:00 and the Central & East Area tour at 14:00.
- When: every day during DDW. One day we cycle towards the west side, the other day towards the east side of Eindhoven. Check our Eventbrite page for the schedule.
- Starting and ending point: 18 septemberplein, in front of the entrance of the underground bicycle parking, opposite the Bijenkorf (two minutes walk from Eindhoven Central).
- Bikes: comfortable KOGA bikes are available for each participant.
- Fee: 45 euros. The fee includes the bike, expert guide and coffee / tea and a snack.
- Tickets: Eventbrite
- Language: Dutch and English
- Capacity: max 15 people. Make sure to reserve your tickets well in advance!
Ontwerpstudio Annelies Hermsen: Opening new atelier
Take a look behind the scene of this fooddesign company in it's brand new atelier.
Low & Bonar: In4nite
10 talented visions on Colback®
Studio Thier&vanDaalen: THE YOUNG COLLECTORS
"Wander through the residence of two young design and art collectors." Curated by Thier&va
Ulrike Jurklies: See-through
Forms, colours and materials interact to become a novel visual experience.
Luuxx, Lunet zorg: The new handwriters
A period room with products designed with and for people with a cognitive disability
Nina van Bart: Zooming in and out
Refined textures captured in monumental surfaces
Art & Technology (ViolaVirus) & de Bibliotheek Eindhoven: Manifestations - Internet of Women Things
Technology: made by and for the white tech male? Need driven versus profit driven?
Jannemarein Renout: SCAN2400 | a portrait of time & space
Wheater, landscape and time.
NUL ZES | NRE: Re-view the future
Back to the future in this year's hangout, stretching your perception of time and space.
Hannah van Luttervelt en Michèle Degen: Human Browser
Value of the truth
For this location you need a DDW Ticket, a DDW Ticket offers you nine days of unlimited access to all DDW locations and DDW Music (except for the Specials).More info & Tickets